Task 9.1 OpenAIRE portal and services¶
Leader:, ARC Participants:-
The OpenAIRE portal will be enriched with a number of services that will:
- allow better utilization of the underlying (harvested, cleaned, inferred, interlinked) information space.
- enhance the existing multi-faceted and dynamic access (search and browse) to support queries on the new extensions of the
data model (software, publisher/ journal info, metrics) and the new knowledge inferred from IIS.
- improve the depositing and claiming processes with links to new infrastructures (e.g., PSI) and registries.
provide recommendations based on similar documents and usage data.
- integrate authentication and authorization mechanisms to serve the end user researchers (ORCID,LinkedIn) and link to the European AAI infrastructure (EduGain).
- consolidate and enhance the end user alert and notification services to adapt on specific H2020 programmes and needs.
#create personal spaces with the “MyProjects” functionality.
Task Timeline (Including Deliverables & Milestones)¶
- D9.1 OpenAIRE portal services - Month 9
- MS25 OpenAIRE portal services I - Month 12 (Public release M14)
- MS26 OpenAIRE portal services II - Month 24 (Public release M26)
- MS27 OpenAIRE portal services III - Month 36 (Public release M38)
Areas of priority (where to concentrate first)¶
- Upgrade joomla version: Because of security reasons and lack of support of joomla 2.5 from the joomla community, it is necessary to migrate to joomla 3 ASAP.This requires a great effort and during this procedure every joomla development/enhancement cannot take place.
- Investigation for authentication and authorization services.
- Claim enhancement to support both keyword and id search for third party metadata providers.